I just made my personal goals for 2013 and so did every member of my family.  I’m doing a step further by thinking of that one word to represent the direction and focus I’m taking for 2013.  One word to serve as an umbrella for my goals this year.

This 2013, my word is GROW. Not grow physically, although gaining a few healthier pounds would be something I’d welcome, but grow by

• becoming more the person I am called to be,
  • doing more,
  • learning more

in the BEST of my abilities, with the time and resources I have, and NOT AT THE EXPENSE of my physical and emotional health.  It’s not going to be easy since I already am juggling tasks every single day. (That’s another growth area I need and want to work on.  Time management, as you’ve seen in my goal mindmap.)

I feel that I’ve somewhat plateaued these past years, taking care of my family and the girls, and it is now time for me to grow. A personal experience that’s uniquely for me and by me. It excites me and I’m really hoping that 2013 will bless me with new opportunities and challenges which I’d successfully face and overcome.

So now, before I say, do or commit to something or someone, the question I must ask myself is “Is this helping me grow?”

How about you?  What would be your one-word for 2013?

7 Comments

1. Posted January 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM | Permalink

May God bless your endeavors this year!

My one word would be “intentional” 🙂

2. Posted January 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM | Permalink

Thanks, Chris 🙂 That’s one powerful word you’ve got. May each day of this year be truly be characterized as “intentional”. God bless!

3. Posted January 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM | Permalink

* be truly characterized …

4. Posted January 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM | Permalink

hello playmate! 🙂

as you may know my word is “flow”. and delightfully, you and marcus chose the same word. 😉 interesting! wishing you a great year of growth. love you!

• Posted January 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM | Permalink

Playmate!!! 🙂 How are you? Yes…flow and grow. They rhyme 🙂 Thanks! Mmmwaah!

5. Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:44 PM | Permalink

Epiphany is my word for 2013. I’m excited to see God revealed in new ways in the coming year.

• Posted January 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM | Permalink

Thanks for sharing your word for this year. May God truly be a revelation to us every day.