A reflection I had after having received the Sacrament of Reconciliation (or Penance or Confession) and during the mass last February was on the Cross. The message I received was very brief and yet, so powerful. I was drawn to look at the Cross where Christ was crucified and was reminded that the Cross
- means PLUS
- means POSITIVE
- means upward to GOD and sideways to our NEIGHBORS
- and ultimately, it means HOPE
Let the Cross be our reminder that:
- When all else fails and everything has faded away, only God and His Son, Jesus Christ, will remain steadfast and unchanged.
- With total trust and surrender to God and our Savior, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. God knows what is best for us.
- God is present and all around us. He is up there as Someone who can see every detail of our lives and watches over us; firmly rooted on the ground as our anchor and everywhere when we come in contact with the persons we personally know and don’t know. The Cross embraces us!
- God and Jesus Christ will forever be faithful to us, no matter how many times we turn our backs against them. With their love never diminishing, they are our constant source of hope in life, especially during the many times of trials, falls, and our acts of betrayal. They will always welcome us back with open arms when we run back to them with contrite and humble realizations, just like The Prodigal Son.
On Sunday, we will be celebrating Easter. Let us look at the Cross again. Let us see it more closely with our eyes, and feel it as something alive with our hearts. We have all the reasons to celebrate and be hopeful…HAPPY EASTER!