I don’t even know how to start this post. I am still high on adrenalin and even if I couldn’t sleep last night and wasn’t able to have my 8 hours of sleep, my energy level is high.
Arielle called me up last night (She went home to Batangas for a few days) to tell me that she got accepted at SCAD Hong Kong. She received an email from them last night congratulating her for being accepted for enrolment to their bachelor’s degree program. AND… that the committee is considering her for Honors Scholarship. WOW!!! Just WOW!!!
I only wanted her to get accepted. I was just asking God to show us if SCAD is really an option for her to pursue her dream to be an animator. If she makes it, then my next step was to pray for provision. For the finances to fund her college.
We only submitted the minimum admission requirements to SCAD and have not even submitted a portfolio of her artworks yet. Even her official IELTS (English proficiency) test hasn’t been released yet. Arielle was only able to find out how she did in her IELTS test taken last May 9 AFTER receiving the good news of acceptance from her admission advisor from SCAD.
In case you’re interested to know what documents we submitted to SCAD-Hong Kong, they were the following:
- Transcript from Walkersville Christian Family School, The Master’s Academy’s partner (We enrolled for an international accreditation for her and Kayla only last schoolyear, SY 2014-2015, and for this schoolyear, SY 2015-2016).
- Transcript from The Master’s Academy (Philippine transcript)
- High School Course Syllabus (all subjects taken and books used with ISBNs from 1st year to 4th year) – It’s a good thing I was able to keep a record and recall all the materials we used and still kept most of the books!
- Certification of TMA Home Education Program
- Certification of English Proficiency
- Recommendation/Reference Letter of Academic Consultant fr TMA
This is truly a testament of God’s faithfulness to our family and our homeschooling journey. He has been our guide and provider, and I believe that He will continue to be by our side, every step of the way. Not only for Arielle, but for Kayla as well.
I’d like to end with these truths:
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
- Proverbs 16:9 – The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
- Proverbs 19:21 – Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
- Matthew 7:7 – Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- Matthew 21:22 – And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.
- Hebrews 13:21 – equip you with everything good that you may do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
I am still overwhelmed with the turn of events, and my eyes are welling up again as I think of how awesome God is and how unworthy I am to be receiving so many blessings from Him.
May this serve as an encouragement and inspiration to all homeschooling moms, children, and families reading this. I have wanted to give up homeschooling so many times but God didn’t give up on me (Oh no, I am crying again). No matter what, it is always God’s plan that prevails and He equips those He calls.